Frequently asked questions

Can I move my insurance when it is not up for renewal?

Yes, You can change your insurance at any time, just be aware of minimum premiums and fees that may not be refundable.

Will moving my insurance reduce my credit score?

No, your credit is not affected in any way by moving your insurance.

How often should I shop my insurance?

We recommend every 3 years to do a complete review and obtain competitive quotes.

What is an Insurance Agency?

We are a broker of insurance and represent mulitple insurance companies. We shop many carriers to provide you the best choices.

How important is the financial rating of an insurance carrier?

It is very important as a low financial rating may affect the carrier's ability to pay claims.

Flood Information

What is a flood loss avoidance

Flood loss avoidance is a protective action you take to minimize flood damage and losses to your buildings and personal property before a flood occurs.

What's covered under a Standard Flood Insurance Policy?

National Flood Insurance Program flood policies will cover up to $1,000 in reasonable expenses incurred to protect your insured property, and up to $1,000 to move your insured property away from a flood or imminent danger of a flood. To be eligible for this benefit, the insured property must be located in a community where: • A general condition of flooding in the area exists; or • An official has issued an evacuation order or other civil order for the community requiring measures to preserve life and property from flooding.

What is eligible?

Expenses to protect your property: • Sandbags (including the sand to fill them) • Fill to create temporary levees • Water pumps • Plastic sheeting and lumber used in connection with any of these items listed above • Labor – you may claim labor, including your own or a family member’s labor, at the federal minimum wage. Labor charged by a professional may also be reimbursed

Expenses to move your property to safety

Up to $1,000 for the reasonable expense to move your insured property in order to protect it from flood, or the imminent danger of flood.

What do you need to know?

• Personal property that is moved must be placed in a fully enclosed building or otherwise protected from the elements. • Any property removed, including a moveable home (that meets the definition of a building in the flood policy), must be placed above ground level or outside of the special flood hazard area. • Property removed is covered by your flood policy for 45 consecutive days from the date the move begins. o A deductible does not apply to these limits. • The coverage does not increase the policy limits of the liability

Paid Receipts

You should keep copies of all receipts and a record of the time spent performing the work. They should be submitted to your insurance adjuster when you file a claim to be reimbursed.

How to report a flood claim

To report a claim, you should do the following: • Contact your flood insurance agent or insurance company. Have your policy number available. • If you do not have their policy number, call 1-800-427-4661. You will need the following information with you when calling: o The name of your insurance company o The date of your flood loss o Your name, telephone number, and e-mail address. If you do not have access to a phone or email, provide the name and telephone number of someone who can reach you